Wednesday, February 20

UNISEL Shares Their Vision, Mission and T&L Framework!

UNISEL?
"Universiti Industri Selangor (UNISEL) was established on 23 August 1999 with the aim of providing world-class tertiary education and opportunities for research and development (R&D) within the broad sphere of industrial technology, management as well as information and communications technology (ICT). UNISEL provides an educational system which has extensive synergistic links with the industry and community in developing new innovative activities and research and development work (Source)."

KNOWLEDGE SHARING?
UNISEL's Vision is ‘Meeting Industrial Needs…’, and if you are wondering how this Learning University is planning to do that, you can get a taste of it from this excellent collection shared (source):

Easier said than done, but let's hope that they can achieve the success that they inspire to do!

FAQ FROM STUDENTS
As for my own learning, I kind of got stuck on a few critical learning questions that Prof. Madya Dr. Sharifah Meriam pointed out in her presentation (Source).

"If teachers or lecturers can answer these questions (below), they are on the way towards developing effective outcome-based approach and promoting a learning organization.

  • What do I have to learn?
  • Why do I have to learn it?
  • What will I be doing while I am learning?
  • Will it be interesting and useful?
  • How will I know that I am learning what I should be learning?
  • Will I have any say in what I learn?
  • How will I be assessed?"

These are really basic questions that we sometimes overlook. Perhaps, if we are able to answer these questions to our students, they will be more eager to learn the stuff we are teaching/facilitating :)

No comments: